Step 1) Choose to "File an amended return". Be sure to check out this article for some background information.
If you didn't file this year's taxes with Credit Karma Tax, you can access amendments by navigating here.
Step 2) Choose State Amendment.
If you originally chose "Federal + State", you can also navigate to the following pages once you finish your Federal Amendment.
Step 3) Select the Badger State of Wisconsin.
Step 4) Update or correct your return information.
- Update or correct the information that was originally entered on your federal tax and/or state tax return on Credit Karma Tax.
- Example: If you have received an updated W-2, you need to go back to the W-2 section of your return on Credit Karma Tax to update this information.
- Print out your original return. If you originally filed with Credit Karma Tax, please click on the blue "Update your tax return" link below.
- Please be sure to write down any changes you make. You will need to input the original information later on.
- Then, come back to the Amendment section to input the updated/correct information on your original return
- Please note that all amended returns must be sent via the postal service, and can’t be filed electronically.
Step 5) Enter your original refund amount from your state return or how much you paid when you originally filed your state return.
Step 6) Select the reason and provide an explanation for why you are amending your Wisconsin return.
Step 7) Nearly there! Review your amended return before you file.
Step 8) Print out your WI amended return and mail it off.
- If you are due a refund, or no taxes are due:
P.O. Box 59
Madison, WI 53785-0001
- If taxes are due:
P.O. Box 268
Madison, WI 53790-0001
- If a Homestead Credit was claimed on your return:
P.O. Box 34
Madison, WI 53786-0001
Step 9) Sit back, relax, and enjoy the dairy state